How Google Search Marketing can make money for your business
Business Owners: As a business owner myself who's been getting customers and sales from Google Search for both my own businesses and my customers' for more than 20 years, I know that Google Search Marketing works.
Using SEO or Google Ads - or for max benefit SEO + Google Ads - brings new customers and more sales to almost any kind of business that sells something for which people search online. About the only exceptions are businesses operating in a very small number of categories that are prohibited from advertising on Google - like recreational drugs, weapons, counterfeit or stolen goods and malicious software.
Unless your business falls into one of those very few categories, please stay with me and I'll tell you more about how Google's search technology can get you more customers and make you more sales.
Why your business needs to be taking advantage of Google Search
- Google - the world's dominant search engine - last year delivered more than 64% of all US website traffic. No business can afford not to take advantage of the enormous scope of Google Search.
- All of marketing and advertising can be reduced to 3 phases: Attraction, Engagement and Conversion. And being findable in Search is critical to your business in the Attraction and Engagement phases of marketing.
- Without prequalified traffic from Search, your web pages won't be seen by your best prospects or get the opportunity to convert them from lookers to buyers.
- Google is #1 in mobile searches: nearly 2 out of 3 US organic searches are done from mobile phones, and 96% of those searches are done on Google because of Google’s mobile first indexing policy and focus on the importance of mobile user experience factors for SEO.
Because Google is the undisputed leader in helping customers find businesses via both organic and paid search, I create two different but complementary kinds of search marketing campaigns for business owners and marketers:
1. Paid search using Google Ads
Sponsored search with Google Ads places your ads on Google’s search-return pages, and on those of other Google partner search engines and directories, as well as (optionally) on relevant pages of Google partner content sites with high traffic. You pay nothing for search ad impressions (views); only for visits to your website that occur when someone clicks through from your Google Ad to a landing page on your site.
Google Ads is fast: I can set up a new campaign and have it bringing prequalified prospects to your website in a matter of days, not weeks or months.
And Google Ads, integrated with Google Analytics, is more measurable than any other advertising medium.
For a modest, flat management fee (fully guaranteed) I'll cap your daily click charges at any level you want through Google's budgeting mechanism, help you select the most relevant keywords, create your ad groups and ads, and provide ongoing bid-management and campaign adjustment services, to maximize results for your budget.
Learn more about how Google Ads can help your business...
Technical Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Google Organic Search
Technical SEO is the art and science of enabling Google organic search to:
- Easily and quickly crawl and index the pages of a website
- Navigate to the content most relevant to each user query
- Understand what a website is about
- Respond accurately to user search queries by delivering content that's relevant to search intent
- Find and deliver content that converts users to buyers
and also deliver an excellent user experience - which Google values so highly in its ranking algorithms - through:
- Usability on mobile devices
- Fast loading of pages without missing text, delayed image rendering or layout shifts
- Application of current best practices in search technology
Because Google dominates organic search, for business success, your website needs to rank well on Google on the most important queries commonly used to describe your brand or what you're selling. Technical SEO will help make that happen.
And because I won't take on any search marketing campaign that I'm not confident of being able to improve, I have just 3 conditions for taking on work:
- You must have a product or service for which reasonable numbers of people who are willing and able to buy are searching online, and which doesn't fall into one of a small number of categories prohibited by Google (like recreational drugs, weapons, counterfeit goods, malicious software, etc.).
- You must have - or be willing to put - on your website a compelling offer that I believe will convert search traffic. (I can help you with that, of course.)
- After completing a risk-free 30-day trial you must be willing to spend at least $600 a month on search marketing for an additional term of 30 days, to be renewable by mutual agreement. (No long-term contract is required). I make this a condition because I'm not able to offer guaranteed results from a campaign funded with less investment than that.