Straight talk about how to grow
your business with Google Search
How I Will Use Google Ads and SEO to Up Your Tourism Game
Online travel is big! In 2022, 68% of all travel and tourism sales worth more than $400 billion were made online, and that figure is expected to grow to nearly $700 billion by 2026.
Because Google is recognized as a global authority on everything connected with travel and tourism - since along with Google Organic Search, Google Search Ads and Google Display Ads its products include Google Flights, Google Hotel Ads, metasearch, maps, travel planners, weather forecasts, Business Profiles and more - Google is a major player in getting your business or destination in front of travelers in the very crowded and competitive tourism market.
Google's dominance in travel marketing has only expanded during the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2022, travel search activity on Google was higher than in 2019, and the travel sector was the second largest contributor to growth in Google's advertising business. Google's Travel Search Ad format which shows details like pricing, images and reviews is being rolled out to 24 countries and appears on individual tourist attractions' listings in mobile search. Booking links are displayed on Google Search and Maps listings in response to queries on tourism business names, and operators can edit their ticket prices through their Google Business Profiles. All of this means that Google now owns the top of the travel marketing funnel.
Using sponsored search with Google Ads, I'll place your text ads prominently on Google's search-return pages. Depending on your marketing and business goals, I can also place display ads on relevant pages of Google partner content sites with high traffic. You pay Google nothing for search ad impressions (views); only for incremental visits to your website that occur when someone clicks through from your Google Ad to a landing page on your site. I'll set your average daily click budget at level that works for you, help you select the most relevant keywords, create your ad groups and ads, and provide ongoing bid-management and campaign adjustment services, to maximize results for your media budget. For those ad campaign management services, you'll pay me a modest flat monthly fee to be agreed on up front. Please note that for a campaign of any size, unlike in the traditional agency model in which the management fee is charged as a percentage of your media spend, my management fee stays the same regardless of how much you spend with Google. That way I'll have no incentive to spend more of your money on Google click charges - rather, simply to satisfy you with the results the campaign produces.
The Google Ads and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) I will do for your website will make your web pages prominent in Google Search on the user queries that are most important to your business - making your sales-driving content easier for your best prospects and customers to find and understand.
You need to hire me to run your Google campaigns because I have the necessary specialized technical and sales skills and specific knowledge of Google products that are necessary to hit the ground running with both organic and paid search. You run and grow your business, I'll do the marketing, and we'll both make money.
Ready to start making more money now? Get a Quote!
Mobile technologies extend the timeframe of Google searches throughout the research, planning, booking and in-destination phases of travel, encompassing destination choice, transportation booking, lodging booking and in-destination searches and bookings for meals, tours and attractions. 50% of all Google travel and tourism searches were done on mobile devices in 2022.
Also Google makes a wealth of up-to-date tourism data available to suppliers: trends in consumer travel attitudes and intentions, airline routes and delays, traffic congestion, weather and political events and more:
Here are some key Google Search statistics that underline how critical the Google advertising platform is to travel and tourism businesses:
- Between Google Search and the Google Ads services, Google delivered more than 64% of all US website traffic last year.
- 93% of all web browsing sessions and 89% of all online travel and tourism sales begin with a search, and 92% of those searches are done using Google, including 96% of all searches done on mobile phones.
- However: Fewer than 1% of Google users click on anything beyond Page 1 of search returns - which is why you need my professional, affordable Google search and advertising services.
SEO Audit: I will analyze your website and provide a comprehensive report with specific, actionable recommendations for website changes that will get more converting traffic, acquire new customers, generate higher-quality leads, make more and bigger sales, and enhance the legitimacy and reputation of your brand. Go here for more information about my SEO Audits.
- Across all industry segments, 98% of companies using Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising use Google Ads.
- Tourism ads get clicked on a lot: In 2022, the average Google Ads clickthrough rate in travel and tourism is 10.29% vs. the all-sector mean of 6.3%.
- Tourism ads are reasonably priced: The average cost per click for Google Ads tourism ads is $1.39 - up from 2021 because of inflation, but still a bargain compared with the all-sector mean of $2.96.
- Tourism ads convert lookers to bookers: The average conversion rate of Google Ads tourism ads is 3.77%, comparable to the all-ecommerce mean of 3.65%.
- Tourism ads acquire leads at competitive prices: The average cost of a lead from a Google Ads tourism ad is $36.78 vs. an all-sector mean of $40.74.
So now maybe you're thinking: “I understand that Google is a big player in tourism, but should I spend money on optimization for Google Search, or pay for clickthroughs from Google Ads?”
The correct answer to that question is: Do both Google Search and Google Ads, because synergies between the two make the value of the combined whole greater than the sum of the two parts:
- High ranking in Google Search enhances trust and authenticity of your business in the minds of searchers.
- Content about your website appearing in both Google organic search returns and Google Ads reinforces the well-known and trustworthy image of your business.
- Trusted businesses get more traffic, more new potential customers.
- Prospects who trust your business will be more likely to subscribe to your email list, providing you with ongoing marketing opportunities.
- Traffic coming to your website from optimized Google organic listings or from Google Ads will stay on site longer, visit more pages, and convert better than other traffic.
Risk-free 30-day trial and Money-Back Guarantee: if after one month you're not totally satisfied, I'll return 100% of my fees.
Ready to start making more money now? Get a Quote!