The Digital Advertising Benchmark Report Q3 2019 released this week by Marin Software shows for Google Ads paid search:
- Click volume increased by 2.9% vs.3Q2018
- Average clickthrough rate increased to 14.30% vs. 12.37% in 3Q2018
- Average cost per click dropped to $0.47 from $0.53 in 3Q2018
while for all industries:
- Click volume increased by 17.1%
- Average clickthrough rate decreased to 2.32% vs. 2.70% in 3Q2018
- Average cost per click dropped to $0.94 from $1.05 in 3Q2018
Only the Retail sector at $0.35 had a lower cost per click than Travel and Leisure.
Education clicks were the most expensive, averaging $3.30.
In the Travel and Leisure sector, Mobile spend made up 50% of total search ad spend, up from 45% in 3Q2018.
So, takeaways for Google Ads in Travel and Leisure:
- Click volume continues to increase.
- Clickthrough rates are terrific.
- Clicks on are bargain-priced compared with clicks in almost every other industry.
- Mobile ad spend will likely overtake desktop spend in 2020.
Comments on Travel and Leisure Google Ads: clicks and clickthrough rate up year-on-year, cost per click down in 3Q2019