Advertising Age and RBC Capital Markets have released the results of a survey of 1600 marketers intended to assess the state of digital advertising.
- Snapchat received low marks compared to Google and Facebook.
- ROI scores from marketers:
- Google 6.98
- Facebook 6.72
- Snapchat 3.43
- AOL 2.88
- Reasons marketers gave for low Snapchat scores:
- Increased competition from Instagram
- Difficulty in measuring KPIs
- Poor targeting
- Decrease in engagement and open rates
- Facebook's Messenger Day has a user base of 1B+, Instagram 300M, Snapchat 160M.
- Platforms on which marketers said they're interested in advertising:
- Instagram 64%
- Amazon 43%
- Spotify 40%
- Snapchat 37%
- Platforms on which the 1600 marketers said they plan to increase ad spend:
- Facebook 461
- Google 450
- Snapchat 119
Snapchat reported losses of $515M in 2016, up from $373M in 2015.
Comments on Marketers see little return from advertising on Snapchat