Rich Ord contributed this article to WebProNews.
- Of the hundreds of signals Google uses to calculate rankings, Content and links are the 2 most important.
- RankBrain is #3.
- Clickthrough rate is not a direct ranking signal for Google, because it's too easy to game.
- 30x redirects no longer lose pagerank value.
- For local businesses, Google Reviews and Profile Views are by far the 2 most important ranking factors.
- Mobile friendliness is a ranking signal on mobile searches.
- Loading speed will be a separate ranking factor as of the next mobile friendliness update.
For the full story, read the article and watch the videos.