UK travel-watchers Eye for Travel have reported on a recent study of the Generation Z demographic conduced by Allied Market Research.
- Gen Z are multitaskers and multi-screen-users with an attention span of about 8 seconds.
- When using social media, Gen Z are more concerned with privacy than those of earlier generations and prefer platforms like Snapchat, Instagram and YouTube.
- 25% of Gen had abandoned Facebook as of 2014.
- Gen Z use their time on social media to search for content rather than social networking.
- Gen Z want to create and curate content, not just share it.
- Wow Air, Marriott Hotels and W Hotels are working on targeting Gen Z.
- According to Upfront Analytics, Gen Z watch 2X as many videos on mobile than other generations, and 70% spend 2 hours plus on YouTube daily.
- 53% of Gen Z prefer personal communications over instant messaging or email.
- Gen Z are more money-conscious than Millennials.
I'd like to see some research into how this generation reacts to "native" and other stealthy forms of advertising masquerading as entertaining content. Do they recognize it? Do they like it? When old enough to have significant disposable income, will they buy?