American Express has released results of a new survey on travel demographics.
- Compared with Boomers, Millennials say they are more optimistic and plan to travel more frequently and spend more on travel in the next 5 years.
- Both Millennials (89%) and Boomers say they value personalized service.
- 92.4% of the unreported percentage of Millennials who have used a travel agent in the past 5 years say that it enhanced their travel experience. (But bear in mind that nobody likes to admit having made a bad investment.)
- 60% of millennials say they are willing to pay for an agent's expertise in future. (Remember that people tend to tell researchers what they think they want to hear.)
- 76.3% of Millennials ("nearly equal to Boomers") say they prefer to stay at traditional hotels.
- 46% of both Millennials and Boomers say that "enhanced in-room technology" is the most appealing hotel trend.
- Nearly 70% of Millennials say they would prefer a personalized travel experience to a package, but 58.7% say they'd opt for the package if less expensive.
- 54.9% of Millennials feel that it's their duty to post travel reviews on social media.
- 25.8 % of Millennials say they spend too much time on social media while traveling.