Author Matthew Barker of this article at tnooz finds travel marketing frustrating.
Key sources of frustration:
- High acquisition cost
- Long sales cycle
- Low purchase frequency, little repeat business
Recommended strategies/tactics to overcome:
- Early in the sales cycle, deliver value.
- Use downloadable assets and other good content to capture audiences.
- Paid channels are cheaper near the top of the funnel.
- Don't go for the close prematurely.
- Be consistent across channels.
Solid article, and a lot of solid comments that you should read also.