Skift has released a new report entitled A Deep Dive into Facebook's Impact on Travel.
Some key points:
- Facebook's USP for travel lies in its ability to retarget consumers and deliver visual, in-app ads to its enormous user base.
- Facebook's new Dynamic Travel Ads should be able to build brand loyalty and increase travel conversions across devices.
- Facebook should continue to grow travel market share.
- But Google will remain dominant in travel advertising because purchase intent is inherent in search.
- Both Facebook and Google should benefit from the continued shift of advertising to digital.
- In the travel vertical, Google does best at driving clicks to sites, while Facebook plays more of an inspirational role.
The full report is available from Skift for US$295.