Research commissioned by Twitter has identified some attributes of successful online videos.
Some key findings:
- A 15-second video on Twitter is as memorable as a 30-second ad on television.
- Presence/absence of sound seems not to be a factor in the effectiveness of Twitter videos.
- A video at the top of a Twitter user's feed is more effective than subsequent videos.
- Informative videos do better in the morning, entertaining ones do better in the evening.
- Things that cause Twitter users to watch and click on videos in their feed:
- Story that immediately grabs
- People appearing within the first 3 seconds
- Emotional intensity
- Relevant content
Comments on Research: What makes Twitter videos successful?