Google releases Search Console Insights in Beta
Google announced yesterday the release in closed beta of Search Console Insights with a stated goal of making it easy for publishers, site owners, bloggers and other content creators to improve their content.
The new tool combines data from Search Console and Google Analytics to help answer questions like:
- Which of your content performs best?
- How well does newest content perform?
- How do users find your content?
- What were users who found your content searching for on Google?
- What referrers sent visitors to your website and content?
For best results, you need to link your Search Console and Google Analytics properties.
Initially, Insights supports only Google Analytics Universal Analytics (UA) properties. But Google Analytics 4 support is coming.
To access Insights, sign in to Search Console and on the Overview screen, click on the Insights link at the top:
Given sufficient data, Insights will provide information like this:
Google encourages Insights users to send feedback using the Share feedback links inside the Insights interface.