eMarketer reports on ad-blocker research on 2700 US adults aged 18-24 by ad agency Anatomy Media.
- Most US millennial Internet users have an ad blocker installed on at least one device.
- 46% have on on desktop computer.
- 31% have one on mobile device.
- 14% block ads on both computers and mobile devices.
- 36% say they don't use the ad blocker, but use is trending up:
- In 2016 69.8% of all American Internet users will use an ad blocker, up 34.4% from 2015.
- In 2017 86.6M Americans are expected to use an ad blocker.
On the bright side: a significant proportion of those people - millennials and others - who choose to use ad blockers cannot be convinced of anything through advertising - so be happy you're not wasting impressions or clicks or bandwidth on them.