The Creative Group unit of staffing agency Robert Half has reported results of a survey in which they asked 400 US ad and marketing executives what social media trends they expect to have the most effect on their advertising and marketing in 2018.
- social messaging, mentioned by 33%
- video (28%)
- Influencer marketing (11%)
- VR/AR (10%)
- paid content or amplification (8%)
According to Zigma Telecom's site Pingle.me, the most popular social messaging apps available for advertising in in 2017 are:
- Facebook Messenger
- Line (developed in Japan, popular in Asia)
- WeChat (developed in China)
So look for continued buildout of advertising opportunities on those platforms.
Of course, video is a no-brainer. Per a post by Ayat Shukairy on the blog of conversion specialists invespCRO, 74% of all Internet traffic in 2017 will be video-based. Enough said.