Reservation-widget makers Sevenrooms reports results of a YouGov survey of 2017 UK adult consumers which show:
- 53% would like to have the option of a fully personalized menu.
- 48% - 63% of Gen Z and 55% of those aged 35-44 - would be willing to give restaurants their personal information in order to get such a personalized menu.
And the most popular ways to book restaurant reservations are:
- Calling the restaurant directly (56%)
- Walking in (48%)
- Booking directly on the restaurant website (40%)
- Through 3rd-party websites (155)
Top restaurant technology wants are:
- Option to pay by mobile app (25%)
- Cardless payment option like Apple Pay (20%)
- Give feedback to the restaurant via mobile device at the table (14%)
Just think of the competitive advantage a restaurant would have owning a list of customers like that...