The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation - the mission of which is to "maximize the economic contribution of the hospitality industry to the total community by developing and marketing Nashville as a premier domestic and international destination for visitors" is seeking candidates for the position of VP/Research & Market Analysis.
The position description says, in part:
"The primary role of the VP, Research & Market Analytics is to conduct statistical and content analysis to support the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp’s mission. In addition, the VP will supervise the Research Coordinator or Research Manager..."
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and manage market research program to increase public and internal understanding of key tourism and convention market trends, issues, opportunities, and challenges
- Analyze large datasets and market trends to estimate historical visitation and forecast demand, convention pace, hotel supply, hotel occupancy tax collections, infrastructure improvements, economic indicators, etc.
- Various other mostly routine routine jobs
Qualifications needed are:
- BA/BS in Economics or related field, MA/MS preferred
- At least 5 years experience in destination research and analytics. or equivalent
Go here for full job description:
This position reports to Executive Vice President/CMO Deana Ivey to whom applicants should send resumes at 150 4th Avenue N, Nashville, TN 37219 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
FYI, per an independent source, Deana Ivey is paid $307,781 annually, and the salaries of 4 VPs currently onboard range from $136,226 to $203,900.
This announcement closes 30 January 2021.