New survey report entitled Long-Haul Travel Barometer 2/2019 released yesterday by the European Travel Commission shows:
- Among global countries, sentiment re travel to Europe for summer 2019 is most positive in China (54% positive).
- 70% of Chinese respondents said they plan to spend 7 to 14 nights visiting an average of 4 countries in Europe on a single trip.
- Top destinations mentioned:
- San Marino
- Meanwhile, sentiment in the USA toward travel to Europe in summer 2019 has declined - just 27% planning to visit Europe between May and August - as a result of decreased consumer confidence related to trade and economic uncertainty.
- But strength of the USD against both EUR and GBP will likely result in some currently undecided Americans ultimately choosing a European summer trip.
- France and Italy were European destinations most mentioned by Americans, with sightseeing the trip experience of choice.
For other markets and more detail, see the infographic here.