In a survey of US travelers by Phocuswright for Google, among other things researchers found:
- More than 60% would consider taking a trip on impulse if they saw a good deal.
- 57% feel that brands should deliver information to consumers based on their personal preferences or past behavior.
- When that happens, 36% would willingly pay higher prices.
- Machine learning and AI are tools for doing that - now just scratching the surface.
- More than 1 in 3 travelers are interested in using digital assistants to research or book travel.
- New technologies are making travel/tourism better for both consumers and businesses.
- Use Google search and advertising products, to take advantage of their machine-learning and AI capabilities.
- Take advantage of those impulse buyers by offering every good deal you can.