The New Mexico Tourism Department (NMTD) has issued for competitive bidding RFP #20-418-1003-00001-00 for "...an advertising firm to further the mission of our tourism initiatives..." and enhance the New Mexico True brand.
"We seek a local full-service advertising agency that can help New Mexico True continue to grow in the marketplace, as well as continue to evolve strategically and creatively to build awareness for New Mexico to the traveling public. This includes media buying and creative production under the banner of New Mexico True."
Projected budget is $11M per year for a term not to exceed 4 years.
Contractor shall (This is a very brief summary):
- Provide creative, production, distribution, media placement, collaboration, strategy and account services in support of the New Mexico True brand.
- Identify target markets.
- Employ marketing strategies using both traditional and new media.
- Fly market plan
- In-state plan
- Drive market plan
- Niche-group plan
- Provide oversight of industry brand adoption.
- Collaborate with NMTD and 3rd parties.
- Track budget monthly.
- Relevant experience with state government and private sector
- 3 references from similar projects done for private, state or large local government clients (NMTD will send each reference an Organizational Reference Questionnaire requiring ratings of the agency on a scale of 0 to 3 on various attributes.)
- Oral presentation by staff members
- Primary place of business located in New Mexico
- Short-range strategic plan for marketing to Mexican market
- Demonstrated financial stability
- Able to secure performance surety bond
- Proposal not over 100 pages
- Present 3+ proposed developments of New Mexico True brand
Proposals are due by 8 July 2019. Contract is expected to be awarded by 30 August 2019.
More info is here:
Ray A. Maestas
It looks like New Mexico is looking for an Experienced Government Contractor as well as a local one. I'm afraid that may not get them the most creative agency. But it's their $44M.